Dear Professional Colleagues,
LBT is applicable from 15th Aug 2016 on Liquor in all municipal corporation in Maharashtra
Copy of notification is reproduced below.
Please feel free to contact us for more details –
Landline Number- 0231-2656520
Cell No – 8624892442, 9422620771
Email ID – email@example.com
- MAHARASHTRA MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS
No. LBT. 2016/CR -26/2016/(UD-32).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the sub- section
- of section 152T of the Maharashtra Municipal Corporation Act (LIX of 1949) and of all other powers enabling it in that behalf, the Government of Maharashtra, hereby makes the following rules, the same having been previously published vide Government Notification, Urban Development Department No. LBT. 2016/CR-26/2016/UD-32, dated 2nd August 2016, as required by sub-section (2) of the said section 152T namely :—
- These rules may be called the Maharashtra Municipal Corporations (Local Bodies Tax) (Amendment) Rules,
- In rule 3 of Maharashtra Municipal Corporations (Local Bodies Tax) Rules, 2010, in sub-rule (1), the following proviso shall be added, namely :—
“Provided further that, the dealers who are doing business of foreign liquor, country liquor and wine etc., and whose turnover, irrespective of sales and purchases during the financial year starting on or after15th August 2016, is less than Rs.50.00 Core, shall also be liable for registration.”
By order and in the name of the Governor of Maharashtra,
SUDHAKAR D. BOBADE,
Deputy Secretary to Government
We are providing various taxation consultation at Vision Consultancy. Government of Maharashtra has introduced Professional Tax Amnesty Scheme under which an unregistered person can get enrolled by just paying last 3 years tax and entire interest, penalty and tax for the prior period will be waived.
Brief details are given below. You may please feel free to contact us for any further information required about the same.
“Shree Parshwa”,138/2, E- Ward,
Near Swaminarayan Mandir,
Behind IDBI Bank,
Assembly Road, Kolhapur-416001.
Landline Number- 0231-2656520
Cell No – 8624892442, 9422620771
Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Profession Tax Enrolment Amnesty Scheme 2016– A one time relief *
The Maharashtra government has introduce Scheme for professionals and self-employed who has not enrolled for Professional Tax and not paid any Professional Tax (PT) till date. Government send usually notice to all those who are liable to pay professional tax and make them pay Professional Tax for 8 years with interest and penalty. To give one time relief to all government has introduced amnesty scheme. This scheme is applicable only to the unregistered persons as on 1-4-2016, those who are already registered before 1-4-2016 cannot avail the scheme
1.Professional Tax Applicability
Professional Tax is applicable for all professional like Chartered Accountant, Doctors, Lawyers, Architecture, Interior Designer, Shopkeepers, etc. It is also applicable for Directors of Company , Partners of LLP and Partnership. However in case of multiple business PT has to be paid only once and also person above age of 65 are not liable to pay PT.
2. Benefit under Scheme
Profession tax and related interest in respect of periods prior to 01/04/2013 will be waived in full, if enrollment certificate is obtained during amnesty period. Penalty u/s 5(5) for late enrolment will not be imposed against who obtain enrollment certificate under this scheme.
I.e. persons who opt for amnesty scheme will have to pay tax for previous three years only.
Table explaining benefit of the scheme –
|Particulars||Liability Without Amnesty Scheme||Liability with Amnesty Scheme|
|Professional Tax||Rs. 2500 * 8 = Rs. 20,000/-||Rs. 2500 * 3 = Rs. 7,500/-|
|Penalty||** Rs. 5844//-||Nil|
|Total Liability||** Rs. 37,844/-||Rs. 7,500/-|
Amnesty scheme can be opted only till 30th September, 2016
For Further consultation and compliance please contact –
“Shree Parshwa”,138/2, E- Ward,
Near Swaminarayan Mandir,
Behind IDBI Bank,
Assembly Road, Kolhapur-416001.
Landline Number- 0231-2656520
Cell No – 8624892442, 9422620771
Email ID – email@example.com
Aadhaar OTP DSC based on RA mobile application we release is made very simple for you.
1. in your office or at your home or travel longer … a car, bus or train … means you can live anywhere.
2. Your customers can stay anywhere … only a base number and the mobile phone will be enough for them.
3. You or your customers do not even need the fingerprint devices.
4. As agent of the customer, the customer base and the number OTP can tell you in a few minutes and you can complete the application.
5. Emudraa client sends a link to the video, which the customer can complete in minutes from a computer or mobile. After recording the video, you can approve the application.
Thus you using OTP, anywhere and anytime, without the client’s presence and without fingerprint device can release Emudraa DSC.
Thus it is possible for you to open a wide market with an increase in earnings. Why are you waiting for? Go ahead and use it to your advantage and take time to get rid of the paper-based process.
The First step to start / register any business ( in our case, business’s based on agriculture, renewable energy etc ) is to get the “Shop Act” license, its also called as Shops and Establishments Registration permission. In this post, we will describe the documents required and procedure followed to get the license for Maharashtra.
Before, we start you must make sure you have following documents,
- Photo Identity ( Minimum one ) ( ओळखीचा पुरावा, किमान -1 )
- Address Proof of the place where you want to start the business ( पत्त्याचा पुरावा, किमान -1)
- Compulsory other documents ( अनिवार्य कागदपत्रे, सर्व अनिवार्य)
- Other document ( minimum 1 ) ( इतर दस्तऐवज, किमान -1)
- Business Identification documents( minimum 1 ) ( ओळख पडताळणी दस्तऐवज, किमान -1)
- Type of Business documents( minimum 1 ) ( व्यवसाय स्वरूप पडताळणी, किमान -1)
Photo Identity ( Minimum one ) ( ओळखीचा पुरावा, किमान –1 )
- PAN card
- Aaadhar Card
- Driving License
- Election/ Voters ID
Address Proof of the place where you want to start the business ( पत्त्याचा पुरावा, किमान –1)
- Rent Receipt
- Electricity Bill
- Sale / Purchase Deed
- Property Tax Paid Receipt
- Notarized Leave and License
- Society Maintenance Receipt
Compulsory other documents ( अनिवार्य कागदपत्रे, सर्व अनिवार्य)
- Annexure A Self Declaration
- Annexure B Self Declaration For Self Attestation
- Actual photo of the establishment in which the signboard (name) of the establishment duly displayed, appears
Above are the minimum documents, you will need to register for shop act license.
Depending on the type of your business, you may also require some of the following documents,
Other document ( minimum 1 ) ( इतर दस्तऐवज, किमान –1)
1) Copy of the licence, registration which is mandatory under any other law from any authority before starting of the business
Business Identification documents ( minimum 1 ) ( ओळख पडताळणी दस्तऐवज, किमान –1)
- MOA (Registration Certificate)
- List of the Trustees/Member of Trust
- Registered Address and proof thereof
- Resolution of society regarding starting of business
- List of the Chairman and Member of co-operative society
- List of Directors and Nomination of Directors (Resolution)
- Copy of Registration Certificate given by Charity Commissioner
- Certificate of Incorporation, Commencement Certificate under the company act
- Partnership Deed (Upload Deed pages which have name of partners, signature of partners,Business / Company Name, percentage of partnership )
Type of Business documents( minimum 1 ) ( व्यवसाय स्वरूप पडताळणी, किमान –1)
- RBI Permission Copy
- RTO Transport Permit
- Copy of Collector Permision
- License From Agriculture Department
- Food Licence from concern authority
- The Food and Drugs Administration License
- NOC from Police Department for Cyber cafe
- IEC certificate for Import-Export business
- Certificate issued by SEBI for share broker
- Licence from Police Department for Security Services
- NOC by Municipal corporation for floor mill / masala mill
- Copy of Excise license for wine shop/Beer Bar/ Bar and Restaurant
- NOC from Municipal Commissioner,Fire Brigade, Collector and Police Department
- (a) Attestation of supporting documents by RA will not be allowed.
- (b) The documents are to be attested only by Group A/B Gazetted Officers / Bank Manager / Post Master.
- (c) The Attesting Officers should also specify their Name, designation, office address and contact number.
- (d) The list of Gazetted Officers are also listed in CCA Guidelines.
- (e) The signature of applicant has to be in Blue-ink only.
Digital Singature certificatge
- (f) We have Offering Paperless Digital Signature Certificates by Aadhar Based.
What is Aadhar Based Paperless DSC & Who can Obtain this :
Aadhaar based Digital Signature can be issued by ONLY by capturing Fingerprint of applicant & by entering Aadhaar Card Number of Applicant.
This DSC can be obtained by any person who is having valid Aadhaar Card Number. This DSC can be used for ITR e-Filing, ROC/MCA e-Filing, VAT , Service Tax, Form 16/16A Signing.
Benefits of Aadhaar Based Paperless Digital Signature Issuance :
Comparison with normal process of Individual DSC:
|Activity||Normal Process ( Paper Based )||Aadhaar eKYC ( Paperless )|
|Physical Application Form||Required||Not Required|
|ID/Address Proof / Photo||Required||Not Required|
|Attestation by GO/BM/PM||Required||Not Required|
|Signature in Blue Ink||Required||Not Required|
|RA/RAA Signature on form||Required||Not Required|
|Mobile Verification||Required, from 31-July-2015||Not Required|
|Video Verification||Required, from 31-July-2015||Not Required|
|Challenge Code for Download||Receive only through SMS||Define your own|
|Issuance time||Average 1-2 days||Average 15 Minutes|
How Practicing CA / CS / Advocate / ICWA / Tax Consultants / TINFC / TRPs & Other Similar Professionals can Benefit of this Concept:
w.e.f 01-07-2015, guidelines has been changed to obtain DSC. Like Attestation can be done only by Bank Manager or Gazette Officer OR Postmaster, Signature of Applicant must be in Blue INK, Phone Number must be unique, Phone verification, Self Attested ID Proof is required of Attesting Officer before issuance of DSC and many more.
To Overcome these problems and hassle free DSC Issuance, Aadhaar Based Paperless DSC is easiest way to issue DSC.
- Be Associate with us. We will provide you a Authorized Associates Panel to Issue Paperless DSC.
- Capture Fingerprint of Applicant in Biometric Device provided by us and enter Aadhaar Number in provided Associate Login and Choose Certificate Details.
- Submit the Chosen Details to issue DSC. Request will go to e-Mudhra Ltd and after review , e-Mudhra will Issue DSC.
- Download the DSC and Handover to Client.
How to become RAA with us & Our Price List Details. ( To become RAA , Minimum 10 Qty is Must)
- Send your following details to us :
- Organization Name / Contact Name:
- Address & Place :
- e-Mail ID :
- Mobile No. :
- PAN No. :
- We will send your Digitally Signed Agreement with your details.
- You need to Digitally Sign the Agreement with Class 2 Digital Signature and send the same to us by mail.
- We will create your RAA Login & transfer your Qty of DSC in your RAA Login and will Courier the USB Tokens to you.
- Cost for Biometric Fingerprint Machine will be Approx. 4000/- Including Courier Charges.
6 . Biometric Machine is not required to issue Non-Aadhar Based Digital Signature.
- You can issue Paper based as well as Paperless Digital Signatures from same RAA Login.
- How to issue Digital Signature for Applicant who are not having Aadhaar Card Number.
Reply : In that case, applicant need to fill application form and must attach Attested ID proof & Address.
- Can we issue Paper Based Digital Signature from same login.
Reply : Yes, You can issue.
- How you will send USB Tokens & Biometric Machines ?
Reply : We will Courier the USB Tokens & Biometric Machines to you.
- Is it mandatory to take USB Tokens ? Reply : NO, You can only buy DSC if you have Tokens with you already.
- Is it mandatory to Buy Machine from us ? Reply : NO, You can buy approved Machines from anywhere.
- Can a Chartered Accountant or Company Secretary be a RAA ? Reply : YES , He Can be.
- VIDEO RECORDING FOR CLASS 3 DSC
- In place of physical verification, now CA / RA will make a video recording of the applicant for a specified time duration.
- Before providing final Approval, Certifying Agency will verify the applicant through a video recording.
- Applicant will have to answer a specific set of questions to establish his identity
- This recording will happen directly in CA System, in a tamper proof way. That means, if RA is recording the video, the recording has to be made in CA provided software / portal, and will be directly recorded to CA System
- Old videos or the videos sent over email or downloaded from web, etc will not be allowed.
Mobile Verification for all Classes of Digital Signature Certificate
Before Approval of DSC, Certifying Agency will make a telephonic verification with applicant, through the mobile number provided in application.The mobile number should also be unique in each application, as is currently in the case of email ID.
- Aadhaar EKYC Process for DSCAadhaar EKYC Process for DSCAadhaar EKYC is a paperless process for Digital Signature Issuance where in identity and address of the subscriber are verified through aadhar authentication. This a convenient mode of obtaining Digital Signature (DSC) as there is no need to submit the Hard copies of Form and documents and no need to attestation of any documents. Further Mobile Verification, Video Recording (For Class 3 DSC) is NOT REQUIRED under EKYC Mode
Biometric Device – Finger Print Scanner will be required for Authenication using EKYC Mode
Comparison of process for Individual Digital Certificate Normal Process Aadhaar eKYC Attestation on ID & Address proof Required Not Required Mobile Verification Required Not Required Email Verification Required Not Required Video Verification Required for Class 3 Not Required Advantage of Aadhaar eKYC
According to Identity Verification Guidelines of CCA, the normal KYC process requires paper documents to be submitted, which should contain the attestation by Gazetted Officer / Bank Manager / Post Master. Subsequently CA should also carry out Mobile verification, Email Verification and Video Verification (in case of class 3) of the subscriber, as per details provided in application form.
Using Aadhaar eKYC, the hassles and the delays of attestations and other verification is brought to minimum. Thereby ensuring faster processing and issuance of Digital Certificate.
Digital Signature certificate in India – Emudhra
Selection of Digital Signature certificate class depends completely on your usage and security requirements. A rough guideline is provided below on the applicability of various levels of certification:
Class 2 Gold – if you need to use the certificate for signing documents, encryption and electronic access control in transactions where proof of identity based on information in the Validating Database is sufficient class.
Class 3 Platinum – for transactions that require a high degree of security and privacy due to exchange of extremely sensitive information that requires unequivocal authentication of the subscriber’s identity. Some of the common transactions requiring Class 3 certificates are e-commerce, electronic data interchange by banks, etc.
One of the main differences between a digital signature and a written signature is that the user does not “see” what he signs. The user application presents a hash code to be signed by the digital signing algorithm using the private key. An attacker who gains control of the user’s PC can possibly replace the user application with a foreign substitute, in effect replacing the user’s own communications with those of the attacker. This could allow a malicious application to trick a user into signing any document by displaying the user’s original on-screen, but presenting the attacker’s own documents to
the signing application.
To protect against this scenario, an authentication system can be set up between the user’s application (word processor, email client, etc.) and the signing application. The general idea is to provide some means for both the user application and signing application to verify each other’s integrity. For example, the signing application may require all requests to come from digitally signed binaries.
Authentication of Digital signatures
Although messages may often include information about the entity sending a message,that information may not be accurate. Digital signatures can be used to authenticate the source of messages. When ownership of a digital signature secret key is bound to a specific user, a valid signature shows that the message was sent by that user. The importance of high confidence in sender authenticity is especially obvious in a financial context. For example, suppose a bank’s branch office sends instructions to the central office requesting a change in the balance of an account. If the central office is not convinced that such a message is truly sent from an authorized source, acting on such a request could be a grave mistake.
A digital signature is basically a way to ensure that an electronic document (e-mail, spreadsheet, text file, etc.) is authentic. Authentic means that you know who created the document and you know that it has not been altered in any way since that person created it.
Digital signatures rely on certain types of encryption to ensure authentication. Encryption is the process of taking all the data that one computer is sending to another and encoding it into a form that only the other computer will be able to decode. Authentication is the process of verifying that information is coming from a trusted source. These two processes work hand in hand for digital signatures
CLASS 2 – Emudhra PAN encrypted DSC for MCA21/ ROC / Income Tax return filing, E-fillings, etc.
CLASS 2 : Price for New / Renewal : ` 1,250/- all inclusive for DSC (2yr) with e-token (w.e.f 01/04/2014) [PAN based DSC (DSC’s with encrypted value of PAN)]
CLASS 2 : Price for New / Renewal : ` 1,100/- all inclusive for DSC (1yr) with e-token (w.e.f 01/04/2014) [PAN based DSC (DSC’s with encrypted value of PAN)]
e-Mudhra Digital Certificate India, Renew your Digital Siganture, DSC Renewal Service, Get your DSC Renewed, Digital Certificate Providers Kolkata / West Bengal, Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Bhopal, Patna, Guwahati, Ranchi, & all Major Cities in India. Digital Certificate Solution.
We process DSC applications for our clients all over India – in Mumbai / Bombay (Maharashtra), Kolkata / Calcutta (West Bengal), Indore (Madhya Pradesh), New Delhi, Bangalore, Nagpur, Ludhiana, Cochin, Imphal (Manipur) Jamshedpur, Shillong, Siliguri, Dhanbad, Allahabad, Noida (Uttar Pradesh), Surat, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Chandigarh / Punjab, Chennai, Ranchi (Jharkhand ), Raipur (Chattisgarh), Pune, Baroda (Gujarat), Bhubneswar (Orissa), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Faridabad (Haryana), Gurgaon, Trivandrum (Kerala), Kanpur, Bhopal, Agartala Agra Ajmer Amritsar, Bhilai, Bhilwara,Itanagar, Mangalore, Meerut, Mysore, Nasik, Pondicherry,
TCS is the tax collected at source by the seller (collector) from the buyer and is covered u/s 206C of Income Tax Act 1961. This is a tax collecting mechanism in addition to Tax deducted at Source (TDS).The difference is that, TDS is deducted when any amount is paid out and is deducted by the person responsible for payment of the amount whereas, TCS is collected over and above the amount agreed upon and is collected by the person receiving the payment. For example: Mr. X buys scrap from Mr. Y of Rs. 10000. So here, Mr. X is liable to pay Rs.10100 to Mr. Y (Rs. 100 extra being for the TCS which is 1% on the purchase price in case of scrap).This TCS so collected by Mr. Y would be required to be deposited with the government. Mr. X can claim Rs. 100 the amount paid for TCS as a credit at the time of payment of taxes computed as per the Income Tax slab rates. And the credit so claimed by Mr. X is required to be disclosed in the Income Tax Return.
As per Section 206C, the collection of tax at source shall be made at the time of debiting the account or at the time of receipt of the amount, whichever is earlier. The mode of receipt can be in the form of cash, or cheque or draft or by any other mode. Every person being a seller of specified goods is required to collect tax at source from buyer at the prescribed rate.
Prevailing rates for TCS
|Sr. No.||Nature of goods||Percentage|
|3.||Timber obtained under a forest lease or other mode||2.5%|
|4.||Any other forest produce not being a timber or tendu leave||2.5%|
|5.||Alcoholic Liquor for human consumption||1%|
|6.||Parking Lot, toll plaza, mining and quarrying||2%|
|7.||Minerals, being coal or lignite or iron ore (applicable from July 1, 2012.||1%|
|8.||Bullion if consideration (excluding any coin / article weighting 10 grams or less) exceeds Rs. 2 Lakhs or jewellery if consideration exceeds Rs. 5 Lakhs (and any amount is received in cash) (applicable from July 1, 2012)||1%|
Full exemption: No TCS collected
The requirement of TCS is not applicable if the buyer, (provided he is resident in India) furnishes a declaration in Form 27C to the person responsible for collecting such TCS stating that the goods mentioned above are to be used for the purpose of manufacturing, processing or producing articles or things and not for trading purpose. A copy of declaration so furnished by the buyer to the seller shall be delivered by the seller to the Chief Commissioner before the 7th day of the month succeeding the month in which the declaration is furnished by the buyer.
Lower rate of TCS
If the assessing officer is satisfied that the total income of the buyer justifies the collection of TCS at a lower rate, the assessing officer shall, on an application made by the buyer in Form 13, give to him a certificate, for the collection of tax at such lower rate.
Payment of TCS
The buyer who has collected the tax at source is required to apply for a TAN number. This TAN number is required to be quoted in all the TCS Return Forms. The due date for depositing TCS to the government is same as the due date for depositing TDS i.e 7th day of the corresponding month to the month of which TDS is paid.
The person deducting the TCS is also required to furnish a TCS Return in the specified form and format stating the nature of goods sold, value of the goods sold and the TCS rate thereon.
E-payment of TCS
e-TCS is the filling of TCS return using electronic media. It is mandatory for corporate and government collectors to furnish TCS return in electronic form, w.e.f F.Y 2004-2005, others may file return in electronic and physical form.
What is Digital Signature Certificate?
A Digital Signature Certificate or DSC plays the role of the normal handwritten signature, but it serves as a certificate like a driving licenses or passport.
The DSCs serve as a proof of identity for a person or an organization for specific purpose online.
In simple language, Digital Signature Certificates serve as an electronic proof of your identity in the cases of accessing online information or online transactions.
How does it work?
- Basically, Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) associates the identity of an individual/device with public and private keys.
- It contains information about a user’s identity (such as their name, pin code, country, email address, the date the certificate was issued, name of the CA).
- These keys won’t work in the absence of the user.
- They are used by browsers and servers to encrypt/ decrypt information regarding the identity of the certificate user.
- The private key is stored on the hard disk of the user’s computer or on an external device such as a USB token.
- The user retains control of the private key and it can only be used with the issued password.
- The public key is distributed with the encrypted information. So, if one of these keys in not available or do not match, the authentication process fails. This means that the encrypted data cannot be decrypted and therefore, is inaccessible to unauthorized parties.
A DSC is issued by the licensed Certifying Authority (CA). It means a person who is granted a licence to issue a Digital Signature Certificate under Section 24 of the Indian IT, Act 2000. You can check out the list of licensed CAs here
Now, there are three types of Digital Signature Certificate, which are called Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3 Certificate.
|Class 1||To be issued to individuals/ Private Subscribers.|
|Class 2||To be issued for Income Tax filing, ROC and MCA filing|
|Class 3||To be issued for the purpose of e-Tendering, e-Procurement, Trademark / Patent filing, etc.|
Uses of Digital Signature Certificate
The DSCs are used for…
- Sending/Receiving digitally signed and encrypted emails/documents
- Carrying out secure transactions on Internet
- e-Tendering or e-Procurement
- e-Filing Income Tax Returns
- Signing Documents like MS Word, MS Excel and PDFs
How to Acquire a Digital Signature Certificate?
You can acquire a DSC at following websites:
Documents to be submitted along with application of the DSC may vary as per the applicant and the class of digital signature to be obtained.
In case of Individuals, following documents are to be attached along with an application form:
- Self attested copy of PAN
- Passport size photographs of the applicant
- Self attested copy of any one of the latest copy of:
- Water Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Credit Card
- Voter ID
- Driver’s License
In case of Organizations, some of the documents required to be submitted along with the application are:
- PAN of the Organization
- Incorporation certificate / deed / agreement etc.
- Details of authorized signatory of the organization and his//her ID Proof
- Latest Bank statement of the Organization etc.
The above list is inclusive and not exclusive. The DSC provider may ask for additional documents as well.
A step-by-step guide to Get your Digital Signature Certificate
- Download the Application Form from any of the sources mentioned above
- Fill up the form. Note that the fields marked with ‘*’ are mandatory to fill up.
- Get Self-attested copies of the documents mentioned above.
- Re-confirm your email ID.
- Take Signature on the Application form and Subscriber’s Agreement.
- If the DSC providers have online payment option you can pay the fees online or else you can send a demand draft as per the requirements.
Government has come up with DSC Management Utility to simplify this entire process. Click here to see how!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I require different DSCs for different banks?
Not if the DSC is under the same class.
One can sign a copy on paper without the person’s knowledge. Can the same happen with Digital Signature?
It all depends on how secure the owner has kept the key. If a traitor gains access to the key, he can access the signature.
If I’m transferred to another post or department in my job, will my Digital Signature change as well? Why?
Yes, it will.
If the owner of DSC is transferred to another post, and the proceedings require for it, his/her existing certificate will be revoked and new one will be issued. Even if the same key is used, the digital signature generated is different each time.
What is the cost of acquiring a DSC?
The charges may vary as there are many entities issuing DSC and they have different charges.
How much time does it take to get the DSC issued?
The Certifying Authority may take three to seven days to issue your DSC.
What is the validity period of DSC?
The validity period of Digital Signature Certificate may vary from one to two years.
If I want to eFile on the MCA portal, what type of DSC do I need?
DSC of Class 2 and Class 3 is required to eFile on MCA portal.
Can I have two Digital Signatures; one for official use and the other for personal use?
Yes, you can.
Service Tax is a tax which is paid by the provider of service. Any person whose revenue from providing of any type service (whether Consultancy/Affiliate/Designing/ SEO or any other service) during the year is more than Rs. 10 Lakh is liable to pay service tax as per the tax rates prescribed by the govt.
The current service tax rate is 15%, and this rate varies due to changes done in budget announced every year. Service Tax is liable to be paid on any service rendered by any person in India if the revenue of the person providing the service is more than Rs. 10 Lakh p.a. This service tax is also levied on bloggers and freelancers as they also provide a form of Service.
It is pertinent to note here that Sale of Ad Space on a website is also a part of Service and Service Tax would also be levied on Sale of Ad Units on a Website/ Mobile device. From 1st July 2012 till 30th Sept 2014 – sale of ad space on a website/ mobile was specifically exempted from the levy of Service Tax as this was included in the negative list of services on which service tax is not applicable.
However, Budget 2014 brought in an amendment and now sale of Ad Unit on a Website/ Mobile would attract Service Tax @ 15% wef 1st June 2016. This Service Tax would be applicable on all kind of digital ads i.e. Direct Ad Sales, Google Adsense Ads, Ad Sales through Agents etc.
Service Tax Exemption
Service Tax is not levied in the following cases:-
- In case the Total Revenue/Turnover of the business is less than Rs. 10 Lakhs. This exemption is known as Small Scale Exemption.
- All Services which are exported out of India are also exempted from the levy of Service Tax. The Govt. has specified several rules for determination of whether a service provided is considered as Export or not.
Service Tax Rate
Service Tax is levied @15% on revenue whereas income tax which is levied on the total income. The difference between revenue and Income is explained with the help of the following equation:-
Revenue – Expenses = Income
So, if the total revenue (excl ad sales) during the year is more than Rs. 10 Lakh, you would be required to pay service tax to the govt.
Charging of Service Tax to the Client
Although service tax is payable by the person who is providing the service he can still charge it from your client. This can be explained with the help of the following example.
For eg: Mr. A provides some service to Mr. B for Rs. 50 Lakhs on which Service Tax is levied @ 15%. Now in this case, service tax of Rs. 7,50,000 is payable by Mr. A to the govt. However, Mr. A can charge this service tax amount of Rs.7,50,000 from Mr. B and then deposit this with the govt. Practically, Mr. B also won’t mind paying this extra Rs.7,50,000extra as he knows that this amount is not going into the pockets of Mr. A, and Mr. A would be depositing this amount with the govt.
This is how the whole service tax industry works wherein the person who is providing the services, charges the service tax amount from the person receiving the service. You may have also noticed in restaurants and at many places it is written – “Service Taxes extra”.
Service Tax extra basically means that the person receiving the service has to himself pay the service tax over and above the rates mentioned.
In case, you don’t charge Service Tax from your client, you would be required to pay this service tax amount from your own pocket. However, if your total net revenue during the year is less than Rs. 10 Lakhs, you won’t be required to pay this service tax at all.
Service Tax Registration, Payment and Return Filing
Just like PAN No. is issued to each individual for filing his Income Tax Return, similarly Service Tax No. is also issued to every person liable to pay Service Tax. Registration for service tax is a simple process and application for service tax can also be made online through the automated website of the Central Excise and Service Tax Department.
Different due dates have been prescribed by the Govt for the payment of service tax depending on the kind of registration (Individual/ Company).
Service Tax Return which is a statement of the revenue earned from different type of Services is also required to be filed on a half yearly basis every year in the month of October and April.
However, you are only required to apply for service tax registration and file service tax return only when the total net revenue during the year exceeds Rs. 9 Lakhs (excl ad sales). So, the important thing to remember here is that Service Tax is liable to be paid only when the revenue (excl ad sales) exceeds Rs. 10 Lakhs p.a. but is required to apply for service tax registration when the revenue exceeds Rs. 9 Lakhs p.a.
Vision Consultancy provides all types of digital signatures like Class 2, Class 3, Encryption, DGFT etc required for Income Tax, ROC, E-tenders, DGFT etc.
We provide services in entire Maharashtra and Karanataka in cities like Kolhapur, Pune, Sangli, Satara, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Mumbai, Solapur, Belguam etc.
- Digital Signature Certificate
- Local Body Tax Consultation (LBT Consultation).
- Digital Signatures of Ncode, E-mudhra, Class 2, Class 3, DGFT etc.
- E-payment of Taxes.
- E-filing of returns.
- Vat, Excise, Service Tax Consultation.
- Appeals Income Tax Consultation.
- Stock Audit, E-tender filing, Staff Training, System Development, etc.
- Breakage Audit, ROC Consultation, for Income Tax, ROC, E-tenders, ZP, etc to CA, CS, CWA, Tax Consultants, Advocates, Contractors, Companies and vendors.
- SBI Housing Loan consultation
We provide services in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala and other many states in India in cities like Pune, Kolhapur, Sangli, Satara, Mumbai, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Nashik, Aurangabad, Belgaum, Hubli, Bangalore, etc Vision Consultancy has emerged as one of the leading & trusted name in providing Digital Signature Certificates.
Call me : 8624892442
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org